Broccoli Chickpea Salad
February 13, 2009 § 2 Comments
This is a tasty, under-15-minute recipe that makes a hearty lunch (and great for leftovers, especially if you heat it up)! It is slightly tweaked from a NY Times recipe from last week.
2 cups garbanzo beans, pre-cooked
1 head of broccoli
1/2 red onion
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
pepper to taste
1. Wash broccoli and trim off long stems (reserve for a soup stock). Steam broccoli until al dente and bright green, about 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop onion and parsley. Grate cheese. Mix in a large bowl with beans.
3. In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, dijon, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and red wine vinegar. Whisk until incorporated.
4. When broccoli is finished, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. If pieces are too large, cut into bite-sized chunks. Pour on top of chickpeas.
5. Drizzle with dressing and stir until thoroughly mixed. Serve warm.
Diet Notes: Gluten-free, nut-free